Sunday, February 13, 2011

Supermommy, by definition

The 'real' definition of a Supermom is  'an exemplary mother; also: a woman who performs the traditional duties of housekeeping and child-rearing while also having a full-time' job' according to Webster.  While most would perhaps focus on the child-rearing/job balance aspect of the definition, I am most drawn to the exemplary mother part.  I see being a mother as a vocation, the most stressful but rewarding one I could ever take on.  I struggle daily with patience, exhaustion and Legos underfoot, but yet go to bed each night thankful for the craziness of the day and the sweet little ones asleep in their beds.

I'm trying to let go of the idea of a perfect house, problem-free kids and easy breezy bedtime routines 100% of the time...and instead work on the bigger picture of my life, of my vocation....what are some of the ways you fellow Moms cope with the day to day stress?  How do you work to fulfill your definition of Supermom?

No comments:

Post a Comment